[GNC] Bulk moving transactions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jun 30 17:21:25 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Tue, June 30, 2020 4:46 pm, V. Vatsal via gnucash-user wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running GnuCash on Mac.
>
> Somehow a month’s worth of credit card transactions ended up in the top
> level Bank Accounts account. Is there some quick way to move or edit them
> to the appropriate credit card account? It’s not possible even to move
> them manually, as far as I can tell, without jumping to the corresponding
> Expense account for each, and then changing the source account there.

There are two ways to go about this:

1) If you can delete the top-level "Bank Accounts" account, then it will
ask you where to move the transactions and you can select the correct
credit card account.  This will move all transactions en-masse and is the
only way to do just a mass move.

2) You can open the account, Change the View to Auto Split Ledger or
Transaction Journal mode (see the View menu), and then you can change the
split that ties each transaction to the Bank account to the credit
account.  Here you do have to manually fix each one, but you can do it in
one place; you don't have to jump to each Expense account to do so.

Hope this helps,

> Thanks,
>
> Nike

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745