[GNC] How to install Gnucash 3.8 on Debian 10 "buster"?

Andrea Borgia andrea at borgia.bo.it
Sun Mar 1 13:08:54 EST 2020

Il 01/03/20 16:39, km22 ha scritto:

> I recently moved from Windows 7 (due to end of life) to Debian 10.  I
> have gnucash 3.4 installed from the standard repo.  However I think this
> version contains a bug as I cannot see any of the historical FX prices I
> stored in the Price Database. I think I need to move to a more recent
> version.  I saw this wiki article: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Debian
> but no clues there on how to install the latest version 3.8.  Can anyone
> here advise?

Hi, Ken.

If you're comfortable with using the "testing" distribution, then GC 3.8
is already included, I am using it now.

If you prefer to continue using the "stable" distribution of Debian,
then you could try the "flatpak" version of GC, available here:
https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnucash.GnuCash

How to use Flatpak on Debian:
https://flatpak.org/setup/Debian/

Regards,