[GNC] Multiple copies of gnucash-user messages from the list

Alan alangnuc at bigtowers.net
Mon Mar 2 15:09:37 EST 2020

Adrien,

I originally set the "avoid duplicate copies of messages" to "yes." It hasn't
changed. It's still set to "yes."

And please stop drifting from the original message thread subject. This is
consistent dupes for EVERY message posted to this list. Direct messages (cc'd to
me directly) are not dupes for this discussion.

The "	Your other gnucash.org subscriptions" option shows that I am only
subscribed to "gnucash-user," yet I'm still receiving hundreds of dupe messages
with [via GnuCash]appended to each user name. You had that info two months ago.

Those dupes are coming from the mailing list that YOU guys created. Responding
to ANY of those messages results in a bounce rejection message from the list.
Replying-all results in a bounce message and my original message addressed back
to me. I'm really puzzled why you set up a "ghost" mailing list that mirrors the
active list, with MIME enabled (my "real" list subscription is plain text).

The "real" list messages (plain text) contain other list subscribers' email
addresses, and my email address is included within the message author's
displayed email address (can't print any message on paper without my email
address showing up associated with the author).

The dupe messages you are sending me have all the email addresses hidden
("hidden email"). Even the list email address, itself, is hidden. Clicking on
any of those links results in an security warning from Outlook, then a "system
cannot find the file specified" error and goes no further.

Your archive messages also include a URL with the title "If you reply to this
email, your message will be added to the discussion below:"

That URL brings up a web page version of the message, also with email addresses
hidden.

The "real" list messages don't have those lines.

Your archive messages also include a link titled " To start a new topic under
GnuCash - User, email." URL brings up a new message window with the same
undeliverable email address as shown in the "from" field of the message from
your list.

Your archive message version of this list will not accept replies, and prevents
the recipient from participating in any discussion. So why are YOU sending them?
Why are you operating a mailing list that permits subscription without
membership (which requires list moderator intervention), prompts the message
recipient to post to the list, and then prohibits the recipient of the list
messages from participating??? Fix it or shut it down.

Is that clear enough for you? You've had over two months to figure this out. Now
stop filling up my inbox with dupes.