[GNC] Multiple copies of gnucash-user messages from the list

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Mar 3 10:53:25 EST 2020

On Monday, 2 March 2020 21:26:57 GMT David H wrote:
> Maf,
>
> I'm using the gmail web interface if I open your email and click the
> dropdown triangle next to you details this is what I see - note the via
> gnucash :-)
>
> from:Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> via
> <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en-GB> gnucash.org to:
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org
>
> I think from the snippet included in Adrian's email the guy has subscribed
> to both the gnucash  mailing list and the Nabble archive hence the mention
> of nabble.com in it.
>
> My feeling is that he wants to unsubscribe from the actual gnucash mailing
> list (mailman) and just remain subscribed to Nabble ???
>
> Cheers David.

Thanks for the enlightenment, David, that Gmail divines extra info to display
that is not in the email headers.  It may explain the "via Gnucash" message
that Alan (OP) sees, although he does mention using Outlook not gmail.

I think you are correct that Alan has subscribed to one or more list reflectors
in some way in addition to subscribing to the main listserv.

Maf.