[GNC] New User - Unique Transaction Number & Dates

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Mar 3 11:27:42 EST 2020

One of the accounts you are trying to use may have been inadvertently set to GBP. From the Accounts tab, click the arrow at the far right of the header bar and check off to show ‘commodity’. This will add a column showing you the currency assignments for all accounts. (be sure to expand any that are collapsed)

I’d suspect you tried to enter a transaction between two accounts, one of which was EUR and one which was GBP. Accounts can be denominated in currencies independent of the main book currency. To fix an errant account, simple select it and click the Edit button on the toolbar (or the Edit entry in the right-click menu) and change the currency to EUR. You can re-hide the commodity column if you no longer need it.

Also check Preferences > Accounts and make sure Default Currency is set to Locale which should be EUR, unless your OS has a different local currency set. In that case, either change it from the OS, or use the ‘Choose’ option to make it different from the OS. When you create a new account, it will default to using the currency based on this setting. (but can always be changed manually)

Regards,
Adrien