[GNC] Help Find Feature

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 15:28:36 EST 2020

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 5:43 AM Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> On Saturday, 7 March 2020 11:34:33 GMT Gio Bacareza wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've read the manual, tried everything and searched the lists but can't
> > seem to figure out how you can search for ALL expense transactions from a
> > certain account.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Try the transaction report, (or possibly  the account report.)

I just happened to be wondering the same thing so here's what I did in
detail

1) Go to the Accounts page and select the top-level item you want to report
under. In this case:
Expenses

2) Edit--> Open SubAccounts [OR right-click --> Open SubAccounts]

3) A new register will open; GnuCash may warn you that it's read-only. In
this case the tab says "Expenses+" to indicate it includes SubAccounts.

4) I wanted to see JUST last month's expenses so I chose
View --> Filter By...
o Select Range
  2/1/2020
  2/29/2020

5) Now that you have the transactions filtered, open the Account report:
Reports --> Account Report

6) Play with the report settings till the report shows the detail you need.
(If you need to tinker further, you can copy the report contents and paste
into a spreadsheet.)

-----