[GNC] Help Find Feature

Gio Bacareza gbacareza at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:03:09 EST 2020

Thanks Tommy. This is a really interesting method and I can already think
of use cases. For my scenario though, as I mentioned earlier response, it
will add extra steps to what it is that I want to do.

I want to be able to find transactions to/from expense accounts because I
need to delete them and I am looking for the fastest way to do that. Thanks

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 4:30 AM Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 5:43 AM Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, 7 March 2020 11:34:33 GMT Gio Bacareza wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've read the manual, tried everything and searched the lists but can't
> > > seem to figure out how you can search for ALL expense transactions
> from a
> > > certain account.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Try the transaction report, (or possibly  the account report.)
> >

> I just happened to be wondering the same thing so here's what I did in
> detail
>
> 1) Go to the Accounts page and select the top-level item you want to report
> under. In this case:
> Expenses
>
> 2) Edit--> Open SubAccounts [OR right-click --> Open SubAccounts]
>
> 3) A new register will open; GnuCash may warn you that it's read-only. In
> this case the tab says "Expenses+" to indicate it includes SubAccounts.
>
> 4) I wanted to see JUST last month's expenses so I chose
> View --> Filter By...
> o Select Range
>   2/1/2020
>   2/29/2020
>
> 5) Now that you have the transactions filtered, open the Account report:
> Reports --> Account Report
>
> 6) Play with the report settings till the report shows the detail you need.
> (If you need to tinker further, you can copy the report contents and paste
> into a spreadsheet.)

cheers,

Gio