[GNC] Help Find Feature

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Mar 8 00:25:31 EST 2020

First, I would ask, “Why do you want to delete these transactions?” and second, “Do you want to delete some or *all* of the transactions in that expense account?"

You don’t need to ‘find’ transactions from an expense account to delete them.

Just open the expense account if you want to delete certain ones, which you can narrow with a Find operation there if you like.

Or if you want to delete all transactions in an expense account, just delete the account.

GnuCash will ask you upon account deletion if you want to move the transactions as re-assigned to a different account (good for refactoring your tree) or if you want to delete the transactions entirely. Choose accordingly.

But I’d still be interested in the original “why?” because you *may* be thinking deletion is an answer to a problem that might have a better solution.

Regards,
Adrien