[GNC] hiding expense and income accounts with zero balances

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:17:17 EST 2020

On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 at 04:22, Michael or Penny Novack <
stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

> But there is some preliminary stuff you should know about the process.
> When you tell gnucash to produce the report, it will do so with default
> options. You then use Edit => Report Options to change the options that
> you want for this running of the report. In other words, the report has
> to exist before you choose options for it. A moment's thought should
> explain why you don't pick options and then open the report << how would
> gnucash know WHICH report you meant those options to apply to >>
>
> Michael D Novack

Michael,

This has always seemed a bit arse about face to me.  In my simple world the
report does exist as it's there in the menu items and I can select it and
run it.  It's the report results that may or may not exist yet.  It would
make a whole lot more sense for me personally to click on a report menu
item, have the options displayed at that point in time and for me to verify
the options and click OK to run the report at that point in time.  It also
means that I wouldn't have to wait for the report to finish it's initial
run and then change the options to what I actually need :-) Newbies would
also benefit by actually seeing upfront what options are available.  As you
can probably tell I don't run a lot of reports - I just use Gnucash for my
personal accounts and to track income/spending from a rental property.

Cheers David H.