[GNC] automation idea

Matthew E. Kokidko mk.ultra329 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 09:23:47 EST 2020

emailing as recommended on:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Budget_Requirements.

Auto populate or initiate a new budget based on current balances and
scheduled transactions. Prior transaction analysis doesn't work for new
users (without lots of imports from their bank and reconciling, maybe).
I set up all of my scheduled transactions first to ensure I could keep
up with tracking my cash flow this time. Now I want a budget and I have
to, essentially, re-enter all scheduled transactions, but on the budget.
This is, of course, a minor issue but I think it would be something used
quite frequently and keep more people on gnuCash past the initial setup.

Thank you,

Matt Kokidko.