[GNC] How to install Gnucash 3.8 on Debian 10 "buster"?

km22 km22 at gmx.com
Sun Mar 8 11:09:49 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Can anyone advise a very simple and safe way of install gnucash 3.8 in
Debian 10?

I've read posts like this:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/107689/how-do-i-install-a-single-package-from-debian-testing-or-unstable-on-stable

But I am very reluctant to start messing with things like pinning or
temporarily enabling testing repo entirely for fear of breaking my system.

Is there a simple way to install just gnucash 3.8 and dependencies as a
one-off without making riskier changes to my system?

Thanks,

Ken