[GNC] Transfers to subaccounts, hide the transaction?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Sun Mar 8 19:09:41 EDT 2020

* On 2020 08 Mar 17:45 -0500, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> There’s no reason you can’t reconcile the transfers. You can even do
> them separately if you like, though Stephen’s method of just marking
> them clear as you go is probably better and simpler.

I'm not quite understanding how that would work as they don't show on
the monthly bank statement.  The subaccounts are strictly for my own
internal book keeping and the bank is unaware of them.

> I don’t see why a deposit between Income and Checking along with extra
> splits between Checking and Checking:A, would generate two separate
> transactions. It should be one transaction with 4 splits.

Well, what I am after is that when I see a transaction on the bank
statement of XXX amount that I also want to look at my ledger and see
XXX amount without having to search through a number of transactions.
I've mostly dealt with deposits but I will have to make a transaction
from the subaccounts to pay them out periodically.  Also, I don't want
to have to search through the subaccounts to find a transaction that
matches the bank statement.

I know I am not making myself clear with this.  Maybe I need to work up
a dummy ledger and take a screen shot.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB