[GNC] Help Find Feature

Gio Bacareza gbacareza at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 21:54:01 EDT 2020

Hi David, thanks for the response.

Sorry If my original post was not clear. My bad.

I was not planning to delete split lines. I was planning to delete the
whole transaction. I understand that any transaction has at least 2 splits:
a debit and a credit account or left or right or source or target. In my
scenario, anything where the other side = expense and all its children eg
Expense:Groceries, Expense:Dining etc needs to be deleted as a whole
transaction not as just the split.

Why do I want to do this? It has something to do with gnucash's issue with
multicurrency imports. I detailed the background in my earlier response to
Adrien.

I've tried many solutions and most of them require me to change each
transactions manually one at a time. To do that with a year's worth of
expense transactions is a no-go for me. I have experimented with an import
method that seem to work. So I plan to just delete the expenses and
re-import them.

If there's a better way I am all ears.

Thanks David.

--