[GNC] Help Find Feature

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sun Mar 8 13:48:44 EDT 2020

On 3/7/20 8:03 PM, Gio Bacareza wrote:
> Thanks Tommy. This is a really interesting method and I can already think
> of use cases. For my scenario though, as I mentioned earlier response, it
> will add extra steps to what it is that I want to do.
>
> I want to be able to find transactions to/from expense accounts because I
> need to delete them and I am looking for the fastest way to do that. Thanks

Hmm.  Did you say _every_ transaction involved in _all_ expense accounts?

Open your file and save off a copy.

Then on the Accounts tab, find the top-level Expenses account and
highlight that.

Click on Edit menu item and then on Delete Account.

On the popup screen select the options to delete sub-accounts and to
delete transactions.

Click on the Delete button on the lower right corner.

POOF -- all transactions involving an expense account are gone.  So are
all the Expense accounts!  But you can add those back in as needed.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net