[GNC] Find or search all expenses in a certain account

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Mar 8 23:52:23 EDT 2020

Gio,

No surprise, that's not exactly lucid.

I just tried again with a more realistic test book. The problem is that "matches all accounts" means what it says: if you give it ten accounts then any transaction must have splits in all 10 of them to match.

Experimenting around a bit more, I find that if you start from the Accounts page and use Accounts - Matches Any Account - Foo + Bar (where Foo and Bar are accounts selected in the account list box) you get all of the transactions with a split touching either Foo or Bar. If you use All Accounts - Matches Any Account - Foo + Bar you get transactions with at least one split in each of Foo and Bar.

If you start from a register tab then the Accounts - Matches Any Account - XXX will return no transactions unless XXX is the account whose register you have focussed. Using All Accounts with a single account selected will return the transactions from that register with a split touching that one account.

So the way to get what you want is to change the selector in the upper right from "all criteria are met" to "any criteria are met" and then enter a line All Accounts - Matches Any Account - XXX for each expense account that you want to include in the result.

Regards,
John Ralls