[GNC] Income Statement for specific Asset Account ?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 19:22:34 EDT 2020

On 3/10/2020 12:59 PM, Long wrote:
> Hello Adrien Monteleone-2,
>
> I think P&L doesn't have ability to report for only my asset account. For
> example, i have Asset named "ME" and Assets named "You". each accounts have
> their own expenses - income. i want to have MONTHLY REPORT (Expense vs
> Income) for each Asset Accounts.
>
> Now, the only ways are use the Cash Flow report, And it doesn't have Monthly
> Report (P&L doesn't have monthly report too, i saw no option to do that).
>
> Regards.

Let's break this apart ......

a) P&L doesn't connect to asset accounts OR liability accounts because
whether something is income has nothing to do with whether it increased
an asset (it COULD have reduced a liability) and whether something is
expense has nothing to do with how that paid for (it COULD be a decease
in an asset like cash OR an increase of a liability)

b) You CAN select what accounts (which income or expense accounts are
included in the P&L)

c) As I said, you PROBABLY mean cash flow, not P&L. But in any case both
these reports ALWAYS have a from date and a to date (are for some
interval) and you can most certainly specify those to span a month.

d) Take a look at the cash flow report. See what you can or cannot
specify in the report options before saying what it can or can;t do.
Same with P&L (the Income Statement report)

Michael D Novack