[GNC] Income Statement for specific Asset Account ?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Mar 11 14:27:27 EDT 2020

> On Mar 11, 2020 w11d71, at 9:38 AM, Long <Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Adrien Monteleone-2,
>
> i've tried your advice, and found that "Cash Flow" is not what i need,
> because in that report, it's included Payment for Liability. Of course, you
> and some guys here noticed me about this.
>
> So, i tried "Transaction Report", maybe it's ok. Because i still can't know
> the "Difference (NET Income)" between Expense and Income for monthly report.
> That why i tried some my ideas.

If you followed my very detailed steps, as I indicated, the Grand Total is the net income.

> Example :
> * it's setting is : "Account" => Filter type (include transaction to/from
> Filter Account) => Choose Which Account i want to use to get report

No, don’t use the filter there. Use the TOP portion to select your intended accounts. The bottom portion is to further refine that selection by excluding/only-including transactions from those accounts that *also* involve specific other accounts. It would be a rare case to need to use this filter for a P&L.

The filter I am referring to is on the Filter tab itself.

> * I will export my report and import it into spreadsheet on "each month" and
> use "SUM" formula. By this way, i know :
> 1 - Total Income for this Month
> 2 - Total Expenses for this Month
> 3 - I can check "Difference" value between month (example: oh, i spent too
> much for pizza on april than march)
> 4 - With "Sum" Formula i put into bottom of "3", i will know the "NET
> INCOME".

That’s fine, but as I noted, you don’t need to do this if you are using the Multi-Column Income statement. (in the *experimental* menu, not the regular multi-column report) With the experimental version, you can get all months on one report.

But you can’t use it with a tagging system. (but you can use it if you took option 5a or 5b from my previous reply)

> * Picture for more details :  Test-11-03-2020.png
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/Test-11-03-2020.png>

If you really need those top reports, that is a different matter entirely. But you might save yourself some time and effort with the steps I outlined for a Transaction Report version of the P&L and running those separately.

But of course, use whatever works for you.

Regards,
Adrien