[GNC] How to install Gnucash 3.8 on Debian 10 "buster"?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:22:38 EDT 2020

Colin,

new fatures go in the master branch and will become GnuCash 4.0, while
bugfixes go in maint, which are released as 3.x.

Thanks to the european PSD2 directive, it's application on the german
FinTS standard and implementation in the software of the bank servers
online banking for german users stopped last year for the old versions.

Am 02.03.20 um 21:47 schrieb Colin Law:
> If it changes the way the s/w operates then that is a feature changed.
> Some feature will be different after the update, therefore it is a
> feature change.

I see no changes in the Gnucash feature. But the fix required an
interface change and so a new main version of aqbanking and it's helper
lib gwenhywfar.

So without Aqbanking6 in it's repository we can no longer recommend
Debian stable based distributions for german users of GnuCash, KMyMoney, ...

Regards
Frank