[GNC] OFX Import with Multiple Banks/Accounts in a single file

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:18:05 EDT 2020

Stu,

I have been importing OFX files from my bank for years with three or four
checking or savings accounts in one file, so I know GnuCash release 2.6.19
can import OFX files with multiple accounts.  It is possible but unlikely
that GnuCash has lost that ability in recent releases.  You may have
something else happening in your case.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 9:58 AM Stu Perlman <sgperlman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using GNC on Windows 10.  I have a fairly recent build, dated March 9
> from the maintenance branch.
>
> I noticed that I'm still unable to use AqBanking to get OFX data from Citi
> into GNC.  I Did a little exploring and discovered that if I manipulate the
> file in C:\tmp\ofx.log and break it into separate parts for each account
> that was downloaded that GNC will import the data just fine if it's limited
> to one account per file.  I also believe, but I need to confirm that I can
> leave all of the data in a single file but that I need to eliminate a lot
> lines starting with the closing tags for the first account's response body
> and up to and including the opening tags for the subsequent accounts'
> response bodies.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, do you have any ideas how
> to fix this?  Is it a defect?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

David Carlson