[GNC] How to track Family expenses ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Fri Mar 13 23:37:30 EDT 2020

Hello,

That why i think we need to use each book for each "Thing".
1 - Retained Earnings = Previous Retained Earnings + (Income - Expenses)
2 - Equity = Assets - Liability OR Assets = Equity + Liability

When you are using multiple "legal entity" for 1 book like i assume in my
last comment. "We" usually transfer money from person to person by this way
: From "Assets:Me" To "Assets:Others". Which mean in the Balance Sheet
Report, Your Assets not equal to Equity + Liability When you only made it to
show your Accounts Report (Which mean : "Assets:Me" - "Equity"Me" -
"Expenses:Me" - "Income:Me" - "Liability:Me").

I had read some topics from GnuCash. In fact, When you Transfer your money
from "Current Assets" to other your assets (IN ASSETS TOP LEVEL ACCOUNT).
Which mean your money are still your Assets. (More details: GnuCash
Documents : Loan to a friend).

So, to resolve it, you need to transfer that money to "Expenses:Give to
other", and make a revenua transaction for that person.
And that things told us (gnucash's users) that (Of course, included GnuCash
Wiki - Documents) we (gnucash's users) only use 1 book for 1 legal entity
(Person - Thing - Business ...). Because we are doing the same things, We
just included the other book into one book and made it more complex. Right ?

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please Tell me if i'm keep going
wrong.

Regards.