[GNC] How to track Family expenses ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Sat Mar 14 00:04:51 EDT 2020

Hello,

More things for us :
I think i need to create 3 books, 1 for me, 1 for wife, 1 for family.
Why 1 book for family ? Why not included it in your book and your wife book
?
It's many things to resolve if you :
1 - Changed Account's structure (open your eyes, edit your XML very careful
to update your account's structure).
2 - What if You want to know "Total expenses" for your Family? It's complex
more and wasted your time, because more work to do with spreadsheet.

Create Expense's Structure for personal follow this :
"Expense:Family"
"Expense:Give to your husband/wife"
"Income:Earning from your husband/wife"

Create Family's book with more details about expenses for your Family with
income's structure:
"Income:Husband"
"Income:Wife"

I spent my time to think about this. And now, i think if we want to use
GnuCash to manage our real "world". The best way is each things managed by 1
book.

Please comment when you have difference or more idea, I will very happy to
hear. Thank for helping me and GnuCash's Users.

Regards.