[GNC] General Ledger

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Mar 16 23:33:08 EDT 2020

Is this a duplicate question?

Something very similar appeared on this list just a few days ago.

GnuCash *is* the ‘general ledger’.

Certainly, you can run a transaction report showing whatever you need. (among many other reports)

Opening balance transactions are common for people with pre-existing accounts.

Closing balance transactions are not necessarily required by GnuCash. (unlike other software)

Such a report isn’t *usual* for normal accounting practice.

May I ask, “Why you are interested in such info in this exact form?" It seems to be an odd request.

Regards,
Adrien