[GNC] Existing multicolumn reports pick up old versions of selected single-column reports which have been edited.

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:01:48 EDT 2020

> On 20 Mar 2020, at 15:33, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> From your explanation, it appears you’re taking 3 saved configurations and putting them into one multicolumn, correct?

That’s correct - this is the “official” (as opposed to “experimental”) method. I think my original multicolumn sheets (Balance Sheet and Revenue & Expenditure) were created using Reports => Sample & Custom => Custom Multicolumn Report.

> Did you try the Balance Sheet (multicolumn) in the experimental menu? (v3.8)

I have just done this, and it works well - generating a fresh balance sheet report for each year each time it is run.

> I was just able to easily run such a report with 2017, 2018, 2019 and then turned off links with no issues.

Yes - it’s a self-contained report, whereas the Custom Multicolumn Report is dependent on combining several pre-existing reports to produce its columns.

> Though I still think you found a valid bug, perhaps improvement in the multicolumn report forms might mitigate how often it surfaces.

I haven’t looked into it thoroughly, but I don’t think there is an equivalent “experimental” report for Revenue & Expenditure, which would provide the same look-and-feel as the experimental multicolumn balance sheet, so I’ll probably need to remember to update the report selection option in my current multicolumn versions if I make changes to the reports they depend on.

Thanks for your comments,

Michael