[GNC] How to record Personal income tax ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Sat Mar 21 06:34:13 EDT 2020

Hello,

Thank you doncram and david cousens,
Yes, I'm not accounting and having trouble to record that problems. Please
help me if i'm going wrong again.
Example: Let make things easier to understand for me.
1 - I will pay rent at the first month of each year = i will pay tax at the
first month of year.
2 - I do not pay rent to landlord each month = i do not pay tax to
government each month.
3 - i just accumulated my money each month to pay rent = same to pay tax.
4 - In fact, I'm owed to my landlord each month because using his house =
it's the same thing about pay tax.

=> For 4 things i talking above : in GnuCash, i need to create "Liability"
about pay rent, each month, i need to credit "liability:pay rent" and debit
to "expenses:pay rent". After 12 months, i will pay rent to landlord by
credit my "assets" and debit to "liability". Right?
So, i should do the same thing to PAY PERSONAL INCOME TAX ?
I will have "Liability:Tax" and "expense:Tax", transfer my money each month
between that account, at the end of the year, my government will tell me
what amount i need to pay, if the amount are smaller, i will make a refund
from "expense:tax" to "liability:tax" and pay it, if larger, just plus more
amount into "expense:tax". Right?

For that things above: Is it called accrual accounting ?
Example i wrote above told me that: GnuCash still look like the real life.

P/S: I'm not accounting, and i respect you (all guys) for take your time to
help me. Thank you.

Regards.