[GNC] Cycle between basic, autosplit, transaction views?

david whiting dw at davidwhiting.me.uk
Sun Mar 29 13:42:16 EDT 2020

Sure. As Geert said the file that needs to be changed is accelerator-map,
which on linux is located in $HOME/.local/share/gnucash. The exact steps I
followed are:

   1. Close gnucash
   2. Copy accelerator-map to accelerator-map.backup just in case something
   goes wrong
   3. Edit $HOME/.local/share/gnucash/accelerator-map using a text editor
   4. Look for a line that says:
   ; (gtk_accel_path
   "<Actions>/GncPluginPageRegisterActions/ViewStyleJournalAction" "")
   Note that the line has a semi-colon at the beginning to comment it out
   so it is not currently used. At the end before the last closing parenthesis
   there is a pair of double quotes. The key combination will go there.
   5. Change that to:
   (gtk_accel_path
   "<Actions>/GncPluginPageRegisterActions/ViewStyleJournalAction"
   "<Primary>3")
   Note that as well as adding <Primary>3 you need to remove the leading
   semi-colon
   6. Repeat the process for the other two views (ViewStyleAutoSplitAction
   and ViewStyleBasicAction)
   7. Exit and save the accelerator-map file
   8. Start gnucash and check the menu to see that it now says Ctrl+1,
   Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3 by each of the relevant menu entries:

[image: image.png]

David