[GNC] CVS Import of Security Transaction

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun May 3 20:57:09 EDT 2020

Matthew,

This is certainly possible with V3.x in GnuCash. What version are you using
and on what OS?

You may have to use the scroll bar to locate the column with the price
information. The headers you can assign to a given column in the import data
include Price in the drop down list.  While documenting this late last year,
I discovered some problems in some cases with parsing the price information.
In some export formats it is expressed as a rational number, e.g. " 1 +
34567/98765", and the CSV parser had some problems in the early versions of
the 3.x series with parsing that. I believe a fix to that was introduced in
V3.9 but I haven't yet checked it out.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens