[GNC] Importing data from a CSV file

stephen.m.butler51 stephen.m.butler51 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 19:37:46 EDT 2020

Assign that column to Transfer Account. Note that you have to map the values in that column to actual accounts.  Its easier to use shorthand values in the column since you have ti mao them. Subsequent loads remember the mappings already made.  Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Geoff Palmer <geoff at openware.co.nz> Date: 5/7/20  18:13  (GMT-08:00) To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org Subject: [GNC] Importing data from a CSV file I've edited my .csv file to include a column of things like "Expenses:Bank Charges" and "Income:Other Income" -- exactly the way they're recorded in GnuCash's account tree, but there doesn't seem to be a way to import these.I can assign this column to "Account" at import, but when I continue, every entry is highlighted in yellow with "New, UNBALANCED (need acct to transfer $...)"I can't even pre-sort on this column before import then bulk select. Every single entry has to be double-clicked and the appropriate account selected from the Accounts tree. I have hundreds to do! Surely there's an easier way.Geoff_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orgTo update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-userIf you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.