[GNC] Importing data from a CSV file

Geoff Palmer geoff at openware.co.nz
Thu May 7 21:13:16 EDT 2020

I've edited my .csv file to include a column of things like
"Expenses:Bank Charges" and "Income:Other Income" -- exactly the way
they're recorded in GnuCash's account tree, but there doesn't seem to be
a way to import these.

I can assign this column to "Account" at import, but when I continue,
every entry is highlighted in yellow with "New, UNBALANCED (need acct to
transfer $...)"

I can't even pre-sort on this column before import then bulk select.
Every single entry has to be double-clicked and the appropriate account
selected from the Accounts tree. I have hundreds to do! Surely there's
an easier way.

Geoff