[GNC] warehouse Inventory

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu May 7 17:40:42 EDT 2020

On 5/7/2020 3:15 PM, msm1365 wrote:
> Hello Dear,
> I need to create warehouse Inventory in gnucash. how to do it?

Sorry, gnucash is just accounting.

I wish there were teams developing other components business users might
need/want. Commercial business management packages often provide a
number of interconnected functions (that feed/interact with the
accounting part. Things like "inventory", "point of sales", "billable
hours", "payroll", etc.

These systems keep track of things BESIDES money. For example, a robust
inventory system would have information "where stocked', "reorder
point", "supplier information" (and maybe alternates), etc.

Michael D Novack

PS: I am serious opponent of "monolithic" systems. They are a PITA to
test compared to proper modular design. But bear in mind my professional
days were working with VERY large systems. Where even parts of it could
be half a million lines in 3-4 languages. IMHO no "chunk" of that should
be more than 10-20K lines.