[GNC] Transaction Report Default Account

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 01:48:58 EDT 2020

Thanks @John Ralls that wiki page was what prompted this thread, hoping to
tweak report without going through the full report development process.

> just save the report configuration

The issue is Save Report Configuration saves those reports in a different
part of the menu to the default reports. I specifically wanted to change
the default report rather than having to check in the Saved Report
Configurations before selecting a default report. (A Linux shadow [report]
file would work.)

Looking through C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash\saved-reports-2.8
(might have been another file) seems easy enough to understand. *Should all
the required accounts and sub-accounts be specifically selected?* Selecting
all accounts (including sub-accounts) includes the account ids in the
report so I expect any new accounts would not appear on the report.

@Michael or Penny Novack Re experience - commercial programming for a
period with procedural languages, system support, member of numerous system
development teams, user rep, testing. No LISP, no OOP experience, use
classes as procedures. Regardless, once I get to the detail I can normally
understand what is going on.

> Are you being required to choose that display option?
> How about asking here how people use that display option?

No, it's the default. I asked if people thought it was a bug. When I
realised the reports in the guide were like other accounting packages that
was enough confirmation of a bug for me so I reported it. (Also explains
why it is difficult to do the exercises in the guide.)