[GNC] Report seems to pull wrong amount from transaction

Art Chimes artsonline at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:27:24 EDT 2020

Adrien's quick reply is below (edited) with my responses.

=================

My first inklings would be to ask:

1. Do these transactions involve other currencies?
===No, all in USD

2. Are they part of a bill/invoice that has a tax applied to a line
item using the business tax tables?
===No, strictly personal account.

3. Do the specific transactions (when showing all splits) show the
amount for that account as exactly $150 or $146? If the latter, what
split(s) appear to balance out the $4 difference?
===That was the first think I looked at. All three transactions in my
register are structured identically, but the January split is
different than the two others, which are the same. (I made up the
numbers, so I hope everything balances. It does in my actual account.)

January transaction
Assets:Checking  buy 118.66 [net deposited in my checking account]
Expense:Withholding tax  buy 31.34 [sent to the IRS]
Assets:Fund ABCDX [source of withdrawal]  sell 150 [withdrawn from
financial institution]
(((Jan. shows on the Report as 146, NOT consistent with register)))

February and March transaction
Assets:Checking  buy 107.45 [net deposited in my checking account]
Expense:Withholding tax  buy 42.55 [sent to the IRS]
Assets:Fund ABCDX [source of withdrawal]  sell 150 [withdrawn from
financial institution]
(((Both Feb. and Mar. show on the Report as 150, consistent with register)))

4. Is your account selection in the Report Options limited to that one
account? Are you reporting on the account for the financial
institution, where the funds come from, or from the target account
where the funds land?
===Account selection in Report Options is limited to one account, the
one from which the funds are taken. All three transactions involved
the same dollar value (though the number of shares of the mutual fund
were different). The full amount was paid out of the account (no fee
charged) and received into my checking account after tax withholding
was deducted.

One other thing of possible relevance. I mentioned that the linked
amounts in the report took me to the right account but not to the
specific transaction. Now, the links go right to the corresponding
transaction. I changed up a couple of things in the report (currency
options), then went back to the previous options, and somehow that
fixed it.

Thanks for your efforts to troubleshoot this puzzling (to me) behavior!

Art

--
Art Chimes
1117-B N. Stuart St.