[GNC] Report seems to pull wrong amount from transaction

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 18 14:18:38 EDT 2020

Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> writes:

> Originally I was thinking of the setting for GC to determine price by
> ‘Most Recent’ or ‘Nearest In Time’, and such, but I see the
> Transaction Report doesn’t have it.

As indeed it shouldn't.  A transaction has a fixed exchange rate, and
that's the exchange rate that should be used for that transaction in the
transaction report.

The only arguable place where an "other" exchange rate should come in
during a transaction report is if you have a transaction between X and Y
but you're trying to display a report in currency Z.  Then the question
is, if the transaction from X to Y happens at date D, and you're running
the report on date E, what exchange rate should you use for the
transaction?  Note that I don't think there is one right answer for this
question.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745