[GNC] Tip: Transaction Report to Spreadsheet - Quick & Easy - Yes?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue May 19 14:17:10 EDT 2020

Thanks Fran!

I had previously resorted to Account Report or Transaction Report with copy/paste, but I hadn’t noticed the Export > Active Register option. I wonder how new that is?

I see it could be quite useful as it includes data that is otherwise hidden from the Register tab. (transaction ID, Currency, Rate/Price, Reconcile Date) While most people might not have a use for them, I could see they might come in hand when trying to solve a problem —say with an import. I also like that you get a column both with and without currency symbols. (some spreadsheets don’t play nice with the symbols, so you have to remove them. This saves a step)

I don’t use Excel, but some years ago, I recall a few threads where there were quirks. It seemed OOo or LO (and I suppose Google Sheets) were better suited, or at least didn’t require extra hoops to get to the end result. I can’t remember what Excel was choking on though.

Regards,
Adrien