[GNC] Fidelity and TD Ameritrade setup

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Mon Nov 2 12:23:03 EST 2020

I succinctly remember that yesterday when I downloaded for Fidelity, I got 9/30's transaction (reinvest of dividends) but nothing for Oct's transactions. I wonder what could be the difference between PocketSense OFX settings and the aqbanking OFX settings that is making it not behave identically. I wonder if the type of brokerage account, like a retirement account versus non-retirement account makes a difference. On to debugging it...

One note of caution though, don’t use PocketSense and aqbaning for the same account, whether for a broker or for a bank account. The way each one presents account info settings causes GnuCash to get confused and disassociate from the other since it can only take one of those settings at any given time so stick with one or the other. Better approach might be to use aqbanking for non-brokers (ie banking and credit cards) accounts and use PocketSense to download trades into GnuCash.