[GNC] creating gnucash custom check printing files on Mac

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Nov 6 17:06:33 EST 2020

Hi,
You might need to show hidden files and folders when you look for the
".chk" files.  On my (Linux) system they are i /usr/share/gnucash/checks/
There is also an online tool that would let you define a custom check
format.  From File -> Print Check you can select "Custom" and set a bunch
of fields.  Or you can find the .chk files and build a new one.

-derek

On Fri, November 6, 2020 4:57 pm, Bart Schroeder wrote:
> Using Gnucash 4.2 on Mac OS 10.15.  None of pre-defined check printing
> formats work for my purpose.  So, how to duplicate, then modify one of
> these print formats.  I am unable to locate any check files (using Mac
> interface) to use as sample files.   In terminal, none show in Application
> directory as suggested in documentation.  Can someone please ID steps to
> create new check format files and where they should be located.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Bart

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745