[GNC] Annoying Register Issue

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 08:14:01 EST 2020

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 6:38 AM Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently upgraded to GC 4.2 via Flathub (on Linux Mint 19.2. It seems
> that if you enter an incorrect entry and attempt to backspace or delete
> an entry in the register, it will not allow this action.  I am able to
> highlight the entry and then type over it.

Hi -- has this issue resolved for you? I am using GnuCash 4.2 via Flatpak
on a couple of different releases of Ubuntu (20.04 and 20.10) and neither
shows this behavior.

I wondered if somehow you had turned on "Insert Mode" on your keyboard
(pressing the Insert key) but at least on this keyboard it didn't cause the
behavior you described.

I know little about flatpak but maybe try opening a terminal and issuing
the command

flatpak update

Maybe if there's a flatpak configuration issue it will tell you.

Oh and just to be certain -- I assume you have used other GnuCash releases
and have not seen this behavior before. If you are a new GnuCash user and
do not have much experience deleting and editing transactions, you should
know you cannot select the entire transaction and delete it using the
delete key on your keyboard. You can use Transaction --> Delete Transaction
menu item to delete an entire transaction.