[GNC] Your Classification / Tagging Implementation

Gal galbarm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 03:33:29 EST 2020

Thanks Adrien,
I've also settled on method 1 and I share your view about it.
Another advantage I had in mind is that future change will be easier to do.
For example, if GnuCash implements classification feature in the future and
I'd like to take advantage of it, changing transaction notes will be easier
than fiddling with the chart of accounts and splits.
In addition, I keep the notes field exclusively for tagging.

I also found that, for my own use, the transaction report very flexible.
Actually, the transaction & the net worth reports are the only reports that
I use, and in the case of the net worth report, filtering is unnecessary.
I agree that some other reports will benefit greatly from the filtering
option though.
As a note, I noticed that the Income and GST statement report does also have
the filtering option.

Adrien Monteleone-2 wrote