[GNC] Split Transactions

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Sat Nov 14 20:39:08 EST 2020

On 2020-11-14 15:42, Nathan Rosenthal wrote:
> I am almost sure someone has figured out how to enter what I call a
> split transaction - writing one check to cover multiple expense accounts.
>
> I cannot seem to get this to work properly.

Hi, Nathan, welcome to the gnucash-user list!

I enter transactions like this all the time. It's a core feature of
GnuCash, and it generally works well.

We can help you more if you tell us more about what you are doing, what
you see, and what you expect to see.

The GnuCash Help, section 6.4. *Multiple Split Transactions*, is
relevant: <https://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=4&lang=C&doc=help
<https://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=4&lang=C&doc=help>>. The way
I have my copy of GnuCash set up, I have to press the "split" button  in
the toolbar at the top of the main window to make the split lines appear.

What are you doing? What are you seeing?

Best regards,
       —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada