[GNC] Apparent Miscalculation

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Sun Nov 15 05:49:48 EST 2020

On 14 November 2020 at 21:23, Eric Coates said:

[...]
> The full details for each share follows:
>
> Airbus
> 114 shares @ €85.56   equals €9753.84 @ (€0.89662 = £1) thus value
> =£8745.49 *NOT £11631.65*
>
> Deutsche Post
> 80 shares @ €38.92   equals €3113.60 @ (€0.89662 = £1) thus value
> =£2791.72 *NOT £2361.44* **
>

> SAP 19 shares @ €102.00 equals €1938.00 @ (€0.89662 = £1) thus value
> =£1737.65 *NOT £1831.77*

You avoided answering the question about your recorded EUR-GBP rate.

However, the fact that the apparent EUR-GBP conversion differs between
the three holdings suggests you may have (outdated) GBP prices for the
latter two, which Gnucash would use in preference to a two-stage
conversion (shares->EUR, EUR->GBP).

If you can buy GBP for EUR0.89662 each I'd be interested in knowing the
source. Google tells me the rate today is GBP1=EUR1.11.