[GNC] List Replies

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Nov 17 13:26:58 EST 2020

Yeah, perhaps I'm not understanding something, but if the list server is
configured with the list address in the reply-to header, but *does not*
hide the individual's personal address (as described by Greg) how hard
is it for someone to copy and paste that address in a new compose window
in the 'to' field? And to make it even easier, most mail apps have a
feature that if you select *any* e-mail address, you can get a context
menu to send a new message to that address!

So the default behavior would be reply-to-list, and if the *OFF* chance
you *might* want to privately reply, you can still do so. (note, private
replies to this list are discouraged, so why make it the default?!)

That way you don't have to rely on people understanding 'reply-all' or
'reply-list' explicitly, and you can still reply privately *very easily*
if you want to.

Regards,
Adrien