[GNC] How to Manually Match transactions

Griff ajgns-gnucash at griffmonster.com
Thu Nov 19 16:18:34 EST 2020

Thanks Adrien and Stephen.

Both your solutions are good work arounds, sounds like the short answer is
it can't be done the nice way preserving data. The result will be to
manually delete one of the import transactions and the new duplicate
created won't have the date that matches one of the 2 banks for correctness
purposes.

To your suggestion of importing it all at once, that is not possible as one
QFX file is from the credit card company download and the other QFX is from
the different bank company's download. They will be two files.

This is unfortunate as the matcher is only run on QIF import and not
OFX/QFX import.
Should I be getting the data from the banks in QIF instead, does that work
better then OFX/QFX for GnuCash import?