[GNC] How to Manually Match transactions

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 19 16:42:37 EST 2020

Griif

The import matcher should run on both the QIF import and the OFX/QFX import.
It also has a time window in which it tries to match existing transactions
which is not adjustable. Since the records are from two different companies
there may not however be sufficient matching data in the description and
other fields to recognise a match. You should however be able to at the
import stage of the second file, override the import matcher decisions prior
to actual import in the import matcher window display. You can uncheck the
A, C, or U checkbox and check one of the others as appropriate prior to
importing the data.

I always manually check the importer decisions particularly in regard to
matching credit card and Paypal accounts with my bank accounts. The Paypal
often has different dates to my bank accounts for example. Once you have
ascertained the transactions where this is likely to occur scanning the
matcher window for them is usually quite quick. You can also adjust the
option selections in the Import preferences. Make sure the Bayesian matching
is selected and the Update match action (these are usually the defaults).

David

-----
David Cousens