[GNC] How to Manually Match transactions

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Nov 19 17:15:10 EST 2020

On 11/19/20 1:18 PM, Griff wrote:
> Thanks Adrien and Stephen.
>
> Both your solutions are good work arounds, sounds like the short
> answer is it can't be done the nice way preserving data. The result
> will be to manually delete one of the import transactions and the new
> duplicate created won't have the date that matches one of the 2 banks
> for correctness purposes.
>
> To your suggestion of importing it all at once, that is not possible
> as one QFX file is from the credit card company download and the other
> QFX is from the different bank company's download. They will be two files.
>
> This is unfortunate as the matcher is only run on QIF import and not
> OFX/QFX import.

I use the OFX import all the time and get matching.  Sometimes I have to
force it to look for a match (check the R column).

And sometimes, it matches too good and thinks it finds a duplicate (a
charge that occurs every 2 weeks) so I have to force it to bring it in
by checking the import column.

> Should I be getting the data from the banks in QIF instead, does that
> work better then OFX/QFX for GnuCash import?
Should be just the same.

<<snip>>

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM