[GNC] How to treat accommodation security deposit

Doug lemans4 at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 22 05:41:40 EST 2020

Tony,
 I am no Accouintant, but the way I would attack it is to set up a cash account for the bond (security deposit), then split the payment into bond & rental (into another account, or as a Draw).
 When the bond is returned, that credits into the bond account, hopefully leaving it at zero balance. (hint: the account can then be hidden if you no longer need to see it)
 I also have old ´sleeper´ accounts: a hidden main account zzzz (bit obvious: a snooze!) then drop old unused accounts into that main account.
Keep safe!
regards, Doug (in sunny, relatively covid free Australia)

Doug <lemans4 at internode.on.net>