[GNC] Help on daily cash income and bank statements

alison Stoner hmmmbakery at yahoo.co.za
Tue Nov 24 13:28:36 EST 2020

Hi there
Hope this finds you wellI have read and reread and reread and am clueless.I have captured three months of expenses no problemsI own a bakery so where would I put my daily cash sales to.  So basically till cash, restaurant cash etc I tried in income but keeps going over to charge so always in red.  Am I doing this wrong?To put on my whole bank statement where?
I am ready to throw towel in in so please help.  I have always used pastel so am really clueless with this
Look forward to reply and help
Kind regardsAlison

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 7:40 AM, alison Stoner<hmmmbakery at yahoo.co.za> wrote:   Morning liz
Thank you for your replyI will play around thank you
Kind regards AlisonHave a good day

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 7:24 AM, Liz<edodd at billiau.net> wrote:   On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 19:07:14 +0000 (UTC)
alison Stoner via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Hi there
> I started using gnucash. Now accountant would also like bank
> statement typed in.  I have only been typing in all my invoices.Where
> do I type the monthly statements in/to?Also where do I type in daily
> cash intake.  Like I said I am only doing all my expensesLook forward
> to your reply RegardsAlison

Welcome Alison

Yes, if you can do this extra data entry you will help your accountant
and hopefully have to pay less to them!

There is LOTS to learn, so we recommend making a practice set of
accounts to learn on, and reading the user guide.
The main user guide is
https://code.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide.pdf
and the quick version is here
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash_Quick_Start_Guide_For_Business_Users

Play around and come back here with your questions.
"gnucash-user at gnucash.org" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>

If you subscribe to the list you won't have to wait for the Moderator
to let your emails through.

Liz