[GNC] entry point error after recent automatic windows 10 update

laurel hargis ldbhargis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 21:25:38 EST 2020

Perhaps the Windows 10 update didn’t cause the problem. Maybe coincidence.
But, all I did was try to open my OLD version of gnu on desktop to record
some entries. I got the message I referred to that stays on my screen
whenever for either version. I only installed 4.2 after the problem
occurred as I read was recommended as a possible fix.  Plus I can’t access
my files from the desktop icon (existing from before 4.2 install) to do any
work.  When I uninstall gnu I don’t have the message but still don’t know
how to find my files or work on them.  That’s why I’m concerned about
losing 10 months of work although I’m told the files are in there
somewhere.  I’ve been told by 3 IT techs the only other thing I can do is
reinstall the operating system (and have to reinstall all existing
programs). Umm, no, not doing that. Everything else on my computer works
fine.

I do appreciate your concern and help.

I saw someone told me to report as a big on a blog. I guess I’ll try that
tomorrow?

Laurel