[GNC] entry point error after recent automatic windows 10 update

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Thu Nov 26 04:22:00 EST 2020

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:44:10 -0600
laurel hargis <ldbhargis at gmail.com> wrote:

>  The last step is to reinstall operating system which I
> won’t do. I may have to lose 10 months of entry if I can’t get a fix.
> Always exactly same message. Microsoft says it’s the program.
>
> Suggestions for what I should do?

You could leave windows without leaving windows....
Gnucash (please note that this is the correct name, not "gnu") runs on
other operating systems. I'm not proposing that you buy a Mac, but
thinking of you installing a Linux version in a virtual machine,
putting Gnucash on that, copying your data over and using that.

It does sound like a lot of work, but you have already spent many hours
trying to get things usable.

LIz