[GNC] entry point error after recent automatic windows 10 update

Tony Vanson tonyvans70 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 01:31:28 EST 2020

Sorry to hear that. Does GnuCash actually become available? If so, maybe
try to right-click on the file and then select "Open" instead of
double-clicking it . Also temporarily disable any anti-virus you may have
installed ( some will not allow unknown executables to run). If none of
this works, I would have to assume that the installation is corrupt and
would need a fresh download and installation. Do you get any error messages
at all?
Cheers

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 12:08 PM laurel hargis <ldbhargis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried that, and it doesn’t start up.  Disappointed...
>
> Thanks for the info and checking.
>
> Laurel
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 9:26 PM Tony Vanson <tonyvans70 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried Greg's suggestion? An easy way to check if GnuCash starts
>> from the command, copy and paste the following into the Windows 10 search
>> box (the magnifying glass icon on the bottom left of your screen)
>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash.exe" (without the quotes).
>> This
>> will bring up the GnuCash executable. which if you double-click on it will
>> start GnuCash - or not.
>> Cheers
>>
>> <
>> >
>> Virus-free.
>> <

>> > files?
>> >
>> > snip
>> >
>> > Provided I have a pair of complete backups stored remotely; particularly
>> > of the data;  my procedure is to delete everything that the revo
>> > uninstaller finds using the 'medium' or 'maximum' procedure.   _nvsoar

>> > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
>> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
>> > -----
>> >

>> --
>> *Tony Vanson*