[GNC] GnuCash 4.1 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat Nov 28 19:17:05 EST 2020

Derek,

I have built GnuCash 4.2 on Linux Mint which is Ubuntu 20.04 based.

I had a  few minor issues sorting out the dependencies
(https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies) which I think I resolved by
source if I couldn't find.

If I remember gettext-0.20.2 and libboost were the problems.  Not havong
0.20.2 throws up a warning but it doesn't stop the build and Gnucash runs
fine without it as far as i have explored.  I currently have libboost-1.71.0
and gettext-0.19.8.1 loaded and working. I think all I had to do was build
with the development headers for the library  version loaded. When building
you need to have the header files loaded  and the runtime files when you run
GnuCash.

Unfortunately iIwas sorting out a couple of other problems with LM20 at the
time and didn't fully record what I had to do to get GnuCash up and running.

david

-----
David Cousens