[GNC] 8.1.1. Find Transaction

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 16:15:17 EDT 2020

On 10/3/2020 11:19 AM, David Carlson wrote:
> We are't dead yet, and a couple of our approximate peers are actively
> seeking terms in the white house.  One of them having tested positive
> for Covid, hoping he will recover.

I am going to add something. Matching strings using "regular
expressions" is VERY powerful. But as is common with powerful tools,
there is a non-trivial learning curve. It might not take you learn how
to create the right regex for simple matches. Then somewhat longer to
ensure that they not only match what you want them to (no misses) but
also not match what anything else (false positives). The latter is not
so worrisome if you are just doing a "find", then "find next" as you can
skip over the "errors". But if that were a find/replace operation ..........

But it might take you a much longer time to learn to correctly match say
"all words starting with the letter "b", either upper lower case, second
letter lower case "e", and ending in "ing". Thus should match "being",
"becoming", "beekeeping", etc. but not "unbecoming" or "be thinking".

Expect to be testing/debugging your regular expressions, at least at the
start.

Michael D Novack